West Coast Langebaan Lagoon Festival Paddle Challenge
SUP Race in Langebaan this weekend. We have some spare boards to rent and will be holding demos after the race. Come join in this fun race! Only 6kms and weather is looking perfect for SUPs on Saturday. If you want to reserve a board, contact
See you in Langebaan this weekend!
West Coast Lagoon Festival Paddle Challenge
1. WHERE : Registration & Start – Main Beach, Langebaan (in front of Pearlys Restuarant)
2. DATE : SATURDAY 27 MARCH 2010
3. TIME : Reg: 08h00 – 10h00 @ Pearlys
Start: Guppies:- 09h00
Short Course:- 10h00 (SUP Paddlers also welcome!)
Long Course:- Briefing at 10h30, race won’t start before 11h00
4. COURSES : Guppies will be decided on the day according to conditions (+/- 2km’s)
Short Course:- 6km’s in the protected waters of the Lagoon, start and finish at Main Beach (in front of Pearlys)
Long Course:- +/- 12km’s, course will be decided on the day, possible Downwind with finishes either at Mykonos or Saldanha
PFD’s/LIFEJACKETS TO BE WORN BY ALL COMPETITORS! SUP’s need to wear shortie wetsuit or full suit.
LEASHES, CELL PHONES AND FLARES REQUIRED BY LONG COURSE PADDLERS IF DOWNWIND IS DONE!
5. ENTRY FEE : R50, Guppies R20 (NB: Those guppies not enrolled in the Langebaan Guppie Program must provide their own equipment and be proficient paddlers, those that are part of the Guppie Program must book a boat, paddle and lifejacket with Rob on a first come, first serve basis)
6. PRIZES : There will be R4 000 CASH in prize money, medals for category winners and other lucky draws!
Please login to post a comment.