Three Cities bags Queensgate Hotels management account, Shelley Point Hotel is part of the group.October 15, 2009 by: admin
Three Cities Management Limited (“Three Cities”) today announced that they have entered into an agreement with Queensgate Hotels & Leisure Limited (“Queensgate”). The agreement will see Three Cities taking over the management of all Queensgate Hotels with immediate effective, on a fee sharing basis. The deal will see the Three Cities room stock grow by an additional 600 rooms within 8 hotels and by early 2010 a further 400 rooms – putting the growth at almost 50% over the next 6 months.
Mike Lambert, Chief Operating Officer of Three Cities commented, “We are excited about the long term opportunities that this reciprocal agreement brings. Our alliance will enable us to capitalise on each other’s strengths and focus on core competencies, where we look forward to developing internationally and growing our local destinations.”
Another opportunity will see Three Cities offering the hospitality industry training in world class Spa operations, based on Queensgate’s One Wellness Spa Division, this will be offered by Three Cities educational training division The International Hotel School.
The second phase of the symbiotic relationship will see Three Cities hand over its hotel development opportunities to Queensgate Business Development, a subsidiary of Queensgate. This will effectively mean that all business development for both groups will be handled by Queensgate, being a core competency of theirs.
Three Cities Group manages and markets over 40 quality tourism and leisure properties. Their unique portfolios of properties include City Hotels, Resorts, Exceptional Safaris and the Exceptional Collection, as well as three campuses of The International Hotel School, an Equestrian Academy and the largest Marine Theme Park in Africa – uShaka Marine World in Durban. Their highly regarded services will give the Queensgate hotel portfolio the management expertise, sales, marketing and online reservations, resulting in building the Queensgate individual properties reputation in the market place.
Queensgate Hotels and Leisure CEO, Andrew Hubbard, comments: “We are excited about this agreement which will not only see our hotels managed by the exceptional Three Cities, but also transfer reservations for our hotels to Three Cities’ sophisticated online reservation service which will enhance our customers’ experience. In addition, the link with Three Cities will strengthen the position of Queensgate hotels in the corporate, government and domestic sector, an area in which Three Cities has traditionally been and is very strong.”
The Queensgate portfolio being managed by Three Cities include the following:
- Park Inn, situated on the historic Greenmarket Square of Cape Town is ideally located for the vibrant business and government traveller, with 144, four star rooms.
- Hollow on the Square is situated in the heart of the city of Cape Town and within walking distance from the International Convention Centre (CTICC) and the V&A Waterfront. With stylish and modern accommodation this hotel offers 116 rooms in a 4 star environment.
- Cape Town Hollow Boutique Hotel, nestling in the shadow of Table Mountain. This 4 star Hotel offers stylish serene accommodation with spectacular views from its 56 rooms.
- Rockwell All Suite Hotel inspired by buildings from the turn of the last century in downtown Manhattan, New York, this 4 star executive apartment hotel displays an inherent richness and warmth in 55 apartments.
- Shelley Point Hotel, Country Club & Spa is nestled on the silvery white sands of lush green Peninsula Village of Shelley Point, on the Western Cape coastline. This 4 star, 80 room hotel is situated approximately 90 minutes from Cape Town.
- The Avenue Hotel was established in 1936, the 4 star Hotel is situated on the False Bay coastline in the small town of Fish Hoek and offers 51 en-suite rooms.
- The Alphen Hotel is a National Monument, a historic 21 room Country Manor House which offers more than just accommodation. It is the heart of a former Wine Estate, centrally situated in the Peninsula and at the gateway of the Constantia Valley and Wine Route.
- Tinga Private Game Lodge situated on the banks for the Sabi River in prime game viewing area of the Kruger National Park. This 5 Star lodge is located near Skukuza and has 18 chalets in 2 Camps.
Sponsored link by West Coast Office National – Printing & Stationery